Our Maui condo guests can enjoy the best of Maui with world class entertainment at the 12-acre, $32 million Maui Arts and Cultural Center (MACC). Featuring Hawaii’s most comprehensive visual and performing arts center, it’s the perfect accompaniment to any Maui vacation rental stay with an evening of music, art or film. There are also many community Maui events to enjoy at MACC during the year including Starry Night Cinema pictured here under a beautiful Maui sky.
Maui Activities: Suggestions for Enjoying MACC
- Check the schedule of events before or during your Maui vacation for best selection.
- Arrive early for exceptional Maui dining. Each event features a different menu and local restaurant caterer. Expect reasonable prices and excellent quality.
- Mixed drinks are a buy and under $10 each.
- Visit the Schaefer Art Gallery with its rotating exhibits open before events and during intermission.
- Relax in the outdoor seating area. You will often be entertained by a singer or guitarist before each show.
- Support MACC with a minimum $25 donation and receive invites to special events, advance notice of shows and a newsletter subscription.
Other places of interest at MACC include The Pa dedicated to hula, the Founders Courtyard for bistro dining and the Yokouchi Pavilion winner of many prestigious architectural awards including the 2012 People’s Choice Award by the American Institute of Architects.
Maui Tips: You can also tour the Schaefer Art Gallery exhibits Wednesday through Sunday from 11am to 5pm with free admission.
Maui Entertainment: MACC Offers Four Venues for Maui Events
- Castle Theater, 1200 seat, three tier center with excellent acoustics. This intimate space lets you feel connected to the music and performers in a way that you would never get in a larger venue.
- McCoy Studio Theater, 300 seat multipurpose black box for smaller scale performances and theater events.
- Alexander and Baldwin Amphitheater with 5,000 seats which has hosted entertainers like Elton John, Bob Dylan, Prince and Jimmy Buffett. Also used for signature Maui events during the year.
- Schaefer Art Gallery with 4,100-square feet, free admission and curated by a world-class conservator.
Locaton: Easy access from all Maui resort locations near the intersection of Kahului Beach Road and Wahinepi‘o Avenue. MACC is situated across from the University of Hawai‘i Maui College campus and adjacent to Keopuolani Park.
Box Office Phone: 808-242-7469
Have suggestions for enjoying a performance at MACC or plan to go? We enjoy reading your comments!